May Chapter Meeting
Would you like to know more about the BABOK? Join us for our May Chapter Meeting.
- How do you compare with other Business Analysts that perform analysis tasks?
- How can you use the BABOK framework and knowledge areas providing a guideline for various BA tasks?
- Which knowledge and skills should you develop to improve in your career?
- How should you approach different types of projects based on lessons learned from the BABOK?
- Document and demonstrate your BA competence without an academic background in Business Analysis.
The Business Analyst Body of Knowledge, Version 3.0 (BABOKV3), the Agile Extension, Core Standard, Business Analysis Competency Model give you the tools to use daily in your role. Come listen to how our speaker has applied these tools in his career:
- Productive discussions with teams, project managers and leaders.
- Use the BABOK knowledge areas to align training and development.
- Deliver on different types of projects with a variety of stakeholder groups.
- On overview of the the tools and techniques in the BABOK and apply them in your role tomorrow.
Register now using the link below.
John Sorensen MBA, CBAP, CSM earned his Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) in 2009 and has worked as a Business Analyst, Scrum Master and other roles in various Federal, State and the Oil and Gas industry positions.
While working at Shell Oil, John was invited to be a member of the Global Business Analyst Excellence Team to help develop the Business Analyst Skill Pool and help author sections of the internal “BA Toolkit” (Requirements Analysis and Enterprise Analysis). During this time, John was a Business Analyst mentor and led a CBAP training class for the European region to help support his co-worker goals to also earn their CCBA/CBAP certifications. At Andeavor, (formerly Tesoro) John proposed Business Analyst guides, templates and tools based on BABOKv3.0.
After the completion of a 20 year career in the Texas Army National Guard, John now serves as the Vice President of the San Antonio, Texas chapter of the IIBA. John also has Masters Certificates in Project Management in Business Analysis and Project management from George Washington University, Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt and Prosci Change Management Certificate.